Dotty is an adorable little ghost, she can be mischievous and she loves to give people a little scare. Autumn is her favourite season, the changing colour of the leaves, the darker nights and she is always excited for Halloween. You could try this pattern with different types of yarns and hook sizes and see what you can make.
You will need:
- A 3.5 mm hook
- Toy stuffing
- Stitch marker
- Sewing needle
- 10 mm safety eyes (optional)
- Stylecraft Special Aran (100% acrylic, 100g/196 m) – White or Cream
- Contrasting colour for the mouth.
- ch- chain
- dc – Double Crochet
- dc2tog – Double crochet two stitches together
- ss – slip stitch
Tension: Tension is not critical for this project but it may affect the yarn quantities required.
Measurements: Dotty the Little Ghost measures 13 cm tall.
This pattern is worked using the amigurumi method. Work stitches continuously in a spiral without closing off each round with a slip stitch. You may find it easier to mark the first stitch of the round, moving the marker up as you work.
Decreasing rounds: You may prefer to use an invisible decrease, this technique will give your finished creation a neater appearance.
- To do this insert your hook into the front loop of the first stitch, then insert your hook into the front loop of the second stitch.
- Yarn over hook and pull through the first 2 loops on your hook.
- Yarn over hook and pull through the remaining 2 loops on your hook to complete the stitch.
You can download a pdf version of this pattern for a small fee from the following place.
Ravelry – Click here to view the pattern.
Love Crafts – Click here to view the pattern.
Arms (Make 2)
Make a magic loop
Round 1 (RS) Ch 1 (does not count as a stitch throughout), 10 dc in the loop. [10 sts]
Round 2 – 7 Dc in each stitch around.
Fasten off and leave a long tail to stitch the arm to the body.
Stitch the arms between rounds 16 and 17.
Feet (Make 3)
Make a magic loop
Round 1 (RS) Ch 1 (does not count as a stitch throughout), 6 dc in the loop. [6 sts]
Round 2 2 dc in each st around. [12 sts]
Round 3 Dc in each stitch around.
Fasten off foot 1 and 2 and weave in ends. Do not fasten off foot 3.
Foot 3 will be joined with foot 1 and 2 in the next round.
Torso and Head
Round 4 Ch1 (counts as ch-1 sp between feet), dc in next 6 stitches of foot 2, ch 1, dc in each stitch around foot 3, dc in ch-sp, dc in next 6 stitches of foot 2, dc in ch-sp, dc in each stitch around. [38 sts]
Round 5 Dc into the opposite side of ch-sp, dc in next 6 stitches, dc in ch-sp, dc in next 32 stitches. [40 sts]
Round 6 – 15 Dc in each stitch around.
Round 16 (Dc in next 18 stitches, dc2tog) 2 times. [38 stitches]
Round 17-19 Dc in each stitch around.
Round 20 (Dc in next 17 stitches, dc2tog) 2 times. [36 stitches]
Round 21-22 Dc in each stitch around
Round 23 (Dc in next 16 stitches, dc2tog) 2 times. [34 stitches]
Round 24 – 26 Dc in each stitch around.
Round 27 (Dc in next 15 stitches, dc2tog) 2 times. [32 stitches]
Round 28 Dc in each stitch around.
Place eyes between rounds 22 and 23 and stuff the body
Round 29 (Dc in next 14 stitches, dc2tog) 2 times. [30 stitches]
Round 30 Dc in each stitch around.
Round 31 (Dc in next 3 stitches, dc2tog) 6 times. [24 stitches]
Round 32 (Dc in next 2 stitches, dc2tog) 6 times. [18 stitches]
Round 33 (Dc in next st, dc2tog) 6 times. [12 stitches]
Finish stuffing the body.
Round 34 (Dc2tog) 6 times.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
To assemble Dotty the Little Ghost
- Pictures are provided as a guide to help you.
- The body is worked from top to bottom, rounds are counted from top to bottom when placing eyes and arms.
- Place safety eyes between rounds 22/23 of the body.
- Do not stuff the arms, fold them so they are flat and stitch between rounds 16/17 of the body.
- Use a contrasting colour yarn to stitch a small mouth to finish your ghost.
Don’t forget you can download a pdf version of this pattern for a small fee from the following places.
- Ravelry – Click here to view the pattern.
- Love Crafts – Click here to view the pattern.
Copyright 2022 -Samantha Osmond – Travelling Ava & Co.
Patterns are for personal use only. You may not recreate, sell or give a pattern away without the sole permission of Travelling Ava & Co. You may sell finished items crocheted by you, using this pattern. If you do, please credit Travelling Ava & Co – Samantha Osmond as the designer.